November 2, 2010

NAS JAX Air Show

We took a little weekend getaway to Jacksonville for the Air Show last week.  I was a great weekend with something for everyone to do.  We had great meals every night at some of our favorite restaurants and I got started my Christmas shopping. The main reason was to foster Ben's love for airplanes and flying. And let me just say, the boy has thousands of questions in his head that Larry and I don't have the answer for.  We told him this is your chance, do not come home from JAX until you have asked every question of every pilot you see, he did. 
We had an amazing time hanging out with the family and spending time with our friends the Kountanis's.  My guys ended up going both days to the Air Show.  With Grace and I joining them on Saturday.  What stands out the most for me is how proud I was of our military and the talent and skill of the pilots.  My other big memory was Gracie's ability to nap for an hour and a half with  jets roaring past.  People were walking by and laughing. 



  


Josh wanted an autograph so bad, he wouldn't let his pen and paper out of his sight.  This was the night before at dinner!  At the end of the show, they met the Blue Angel Commander, it made their day!  The boys loved every minute and are ready to go back next year. 


No comments: